StarSkate Registration Steps
Please review the information on this page before registering for our programs.
1. Review the 2017-2018 Starskate Policies for important information including our volunteering requirements, payment and refund/credit policies.
2. Determine whether you are registering as a Regular (MFSC is your home club), Associate (Home club is not MFSC and you are skating at least twice per week with MFSC) or Guest (Home club is not MFSC and you are skating only once per week with MFSC) Member. For a Sustaining or Partnering membership, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Review the 2017-2018 StarSkate Schedule and Fees to determine which sessions you wish to register for.
4. Contact your private coach to ensure their availability on your desired sessions. A "change session fee" will apply if you have to change your session after you have registered.
5. Click Login at top right corner of the website. The Registration button will appear on the Main menu.
6. For new members: Create your membership account. Enter your information as "member" and your skater's information as "participant" once only (check list that appears at bottom of screen). Add yourself as "participant" only if you wish to register for Adult Canskate. The Club communicates with members exclusively by email. It is important that we have your current email address and that you have allowed for all email communications from the club when setting up your account in order to receive our important messages regarding instalment payments, events, session information and cancellations.
7. For returning members: Log into your account. Review your membership information including email address, and update if necessary. Add any new "participant" once only (check list that appears at bottom of screen) Add yourself as "participant" only if you wish to register for Adult Canskate. The Club communicates with members exclusively by email. It is important that we have your current email address and that you have allowed for all email communications from the club when setting up your account in order to receive our important messages regarding instalment payments, events, session information and cancellations.
8. Find a session you wish to register for and click the REGISTER button beside it.
9. Select the participant you wish to register in the session. You will then see:
Step 1 Registration Review window. The session chosen will be listed under Registrations. If this is the first session chosen for the participant, you will also see the Skate Canada fee and Club Membership fee. If you have any credits or discounts, they will also be included.
10. You will also be asked to register for your volunteer activities. For the 2017-18 skating season, we require our Regular and Associate Starskate members to register for three bingos (5 credits each) for each Starskater (maximum six bingos per family), to a total of 15 credits or their equivalent in volunteer hours.
Please choose 3 bingos (5 credits each) since the system will not allow you to complete registration without these credits. You can filter the volunteer options by giving a range of dates on the left side of the window. You can also buy out some of your bingo volunteer duties ($60 per 5 credits) by adding one of the other products to your shopping cart before checking out.
11. Choose to either REGISTER FOR MORE PROGRAMS or CONFIRM & REGISTER.
12. To register for another program for the same skater, click REGISTER FOR MORE PROGRAMS:
13. If your contact address is not in Mississauga, add the $60 non-resident fee under "Purchase Other Items". This is payable for each skater you are registering.
14. When you have added all sessions for the skater, review your Shopping Cart, which appears at the top of the screen.
15. When you are ready to continue, click CONFIRM & REGISTER. This takes you to:
Step 2. Contact/Billing Information. Verify your information and enter a billing address if it is different from your Contact Information. The Contact should be the parent/guardian is the participant is under 18. Click on the 2017-18 StarSkate Registration waiver to open it. Read the waiver, accept it, and the waiver will close. The acceptance box will be automatically checked off.
Step 3. Payment information. Payment is by credit card only. You can choose to either pay the full amount immediately or in installments. A Tax receipt will be ready to download in early 2018 by the person who paid for the registration. A notification will be sent out when Tax receipts are available.
Step 4. Registration Receipt. You will now see your Registration Receipt. It contains your registration and payment details including your payment due dates. A copy of this receipt will be emailed to you.
Note: If your contact address is not in Mississauga, and you have not included the non-resident fee ($60 per Starskate member) during registration, it will be manually added to your invoice by our Registrar after you have finished the on-line registration process. The revised invoice will be emailed to you.
Repeat steps 6 - 15 for the other StarSkaters in your family.
If paying by installments, charges to your credit card will be made automatically on the payment due dates:
- Club Administration fee, Skate Canada fee, bingo fees (if applicable) plus 25% of session fees at time of registration.
25% of session fees on October 15
- 25% of session fees on December 15
- 25% of session fees on Februrary 15