Program Assistants (PA's) are Club skaters who assist during Canskate and PreCanskate sessions.
Appointment as a PA for MFSC is a privilege that teaches our skaters responsibility and leadership skills.
What will I do as a Program Assistant?
- Assist or lead in warm ups, group activities and/or cool downs
- Assist in the set up and clean up of stations and circuits
- Lead circuits and rotations
- Demonstrate proper execution of a skating skill
- Provide general assistance to the coaches on the session
- Provide encouragement and positive feedback to the skaters
- Be a role model to the skaters
Minimum qualifications to be appointed PA for 2017-18 season
For Pre-Canskate: must be 11 years of age by Dec. 31, 2017 and at the Junior B StarSkate level or higher.
For Canskate: must be 12 years of age by Dec. 31, 2017 and at the Junior B StarSkate level or higher.
All PAs must attend the mandatory on- and off-ice training session on Saturday September 9, 2017 at Iceland Arena. Time to be announced. Refreshments for PAs will be provided.