Off-ice training is a 30 minute session that consists of cardio and stretching exercises designed to prepare skaters for their on-ice sessions.
Skaters are expected to arrive on time, and to pay attention and follow each session. Weather permitting, some sessions may take place outdoors.
Skaters should bring the following to each session:
- Proper footwear - running shoes
- Skipping rope
- Exercise mat
- Water bottle: filled and ready for use
- For skaters with long hair, hair must be tied back
Afterwards, skaters have 15 minutes to put their skates on before stepping on the ice.
Sessions are scheduled at the following times:
- 5:15 p.m. for the 6:00 p.m. Senior / Intermediate on-ice session
- 6:05 p.m. for the 6:35 p.m. Junior A & B on-ice session
- 6:05 p.m. for the 6:50 p.m. Senior / Intermediate on-ice session
- 6:05 p.m. for the 6:35 p.m. Pre-Junior/Junior A & B on-ice session
- 9:45 a.m. for the 10:15 a.m. Senior / Intermediate on-ice session
- 10:45 a.m. for the 11:15 a.m. Junior A& B on-ice session
- 11:00 a.m. for the 11:30 a.m. Pre-Junior on-ice session