Canskate Registration Steps
Please review the information on this page before registering for our programs.
1. Review the 2017-2018 Canskate Membership Policies for important information such as our payment and refund/credit policies.
2. Review the CanSkate Schedule and Fees, under the CanSkate tab, to determine which sessions you wish to register for.
3. Click Login at top right corner of the website. The Registration button will appear on the Main menu.
4. For new members: Create your membership account. Enter your information as "member" and enter your skater(s) as "participant" once only (check list that appears at bottom of screen). Add yourself as "participant" only if registering for Adult Canskate. The Club communicates with members exclusively by email. It is important that we have your current email address and that you have allowed for all email communications from the club when setting up your account in order to receive our important messages regarding instalment payments, events, session information and cancellations.
5. For returning members: Log into your account. Review your membership information including email address, and update if necessary. Add any new "participant" once only (check list that appears at bottom of screen). Add yourself as "participant" only if registering for Adult Canskate. The Club communicates with members exclusively by email. It is important that we have your current email address and that you have allowed for all email communications from the club when setting up your account in order to receive our important messages instalment payments, events, session information and cancellations.
6. Click Registration on the Main menu.
7. Find a session you wish to register for and click the REGISTER button beside it.
8. Select the skater you wish to register in the session. You will then see:
Step 1 Registration Review window. The session chosen will be listed under Registrations. If this is the first session chosen for the participant, you will also see the Skate Canada fee. If you have any credits or discounts, they will also be included.
9. Choose to either REGISTER FOR MORE PROGRAMS or CONFIRM & REGISTER.
10. To register for another program for the same skater, click REGISTER FOR MORE PROGRAMS.
11. If your contact address is not in Mississauga, add the $30 non-resident fee under "Purchase Other Items". This is payable for each skater you are registering.
12. When you have added all sessions for the skater, review your Shopping Cart, which appears at the top of the screen.
13. When you are ready to continue, click CONFIRM & REGISTER. This takes you to:
Step 2. Contact/Billing Information. Verify your information and enter a billing address if it is different from your Contact Information. The Contact should be the parent/guardian if the skater is under 18. Click on the Registration waiver to open it. Read the waiver, accept it, and the waiver will close. The acceptance box will be automatically checked off.
Step 3. Payment information. Payment is by credit card only. You can choose to either pay the full amount immediately or in installments. A Tax Receipt for 2016 will be available for download in early 2017 by the person who paid for the registration. A notification will be sent out when Tax receipts are available.
Step 4. Registration Receipt. You will now see your Registration Receipt. It contains your registration and payment details including your payment due dates. A copy of this receipt will be emailed to you.
Note: If your contact address is not in Mississauga, the non-resident fee ($30 per Fall, Winter, or Spring session to a max. of $60 per skating season per Canskate participant) will be manually added to your invoice by our Registrar after you have finished the on-line registration process. A copy of the revised invoice will be emailed to you.
14. Repeat steps 6 - 13 for the other skaters in the family.
If paying by installments, charges to your credit card will be made automatically on these payment due dates:
- Skate Canada fee plus 50% of program fees at time of registration.
50% of Fall program fees on October 3
- 50% of Winter program fees on December 23
- 50% of Winter program fees on January 23
- 50% of Spring Program fees on April 10