New for 2016-2017! One time registration for the full year from September to June.
This Program is offered at MFSC for the first time during the 2016-2017 season and includes the following:
- 30 minute Group Warm-up off-ice (jointly with the Junior StarSkate level skaters).
- 30 minute Group Lesson conducted by MFSC Coach.
- 30 minute individual practice. During this time the skaters will practice the skills that they were shown during the Group Lessons.
- 15 minute Stroking Lesson conducted by MFSC Coach (jointly with Junior StarSkate level skaters).
Other relevant components of this pilot program:
- Skaters progress at their own rate.
- Skaters move to next stage upon completion of previous stage.
- There is 90% movement on ice during sessions.
- We use music, teaching aids and a wide variety of activities to make learning fun.
- Give badges as the skaters are moving through the stages.
- Give regular progress reports and report cards to parents / guardians.
- Parents can arrange for private coaching during the individual practice portion of the session.
Qualifications for Pre-Junior Program
Minimum qualifications for this Skating Program are as follows:
Passed Stage 4 CanSkate or
Evaluated as having sufficient skills to pass Stage 4 CanSkate
A skater enrolled in this program will be able to move up to Junior A level in the Winter if they pass the Stage 6 Canskate.